outlook express

Old 09-15-01, 02:26 AM
try to use outlook express,keep coming up with cannot find pop3 and all kinds of other messages.could any one tell me where to go to reset to default settings or something,have a g/f who thinks she knows what shes doing and sometimes really screws things up .....thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-01, 08:03 AM
BSB
Talking

hehe, my wife has a husband who "thinks" he knows what he is doing too! .....wait a minute!

Ok, start Outlook, click on tools, click on accounts, click on the mail tab, and then hilight the email account you use for email. (if its there) Click on properties, then the servers tab.

Check with your isp for the pop and smtp server info. Put that info in the corrosponding places in outlook. (this will fix your email account)

Or you can use the new account wizard by clicking on add instead of properties.

Let us know how you fare

Brian

Old 09-15-01, 12:10 PM
brian,where would i find the info on the isp?have messed around in out look and may have screwed it up real good this time wonder if it would be good to uninstall and re install? thanks for your time

Old 09-15-01, 02:38 PM
BSB
You can find the info on your ISP on their home page, should be under support. ( I would think.) Wt is nice because it has a drop down box for member services/support and a link to important numbers and names. List the DNS, email and other numbers for configuring FTP, browser and mail program.

If you play around at the isp home page you should be able to come accross the pop and smtp server names that outlook must use to get your email. (unless you use an annonymous emailer...like hotmail) Most of the time (not always) the isp will keep it simple and use a standard pop and smtp server name, such as mail.ispname.com (for pop) and smtp.ispname.com (for smtp).

Unless you are using an internet setup disk that configures everything for you. I bunch of ISP's are going the AOL route and doing all the guess work for you. You pop in their CD and it loads the browser and mail program.

Brian