Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

hard drive copy

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

09-24-01, 05:39 PM   #1  
I have a hard drive I plan using on my pc that is much larger than my old one. My question is how can I copy everything from my old drive to my new drive? the new drive has been used abouta month or two and has been reformatted and right now all it has on it is command com from dos 5. I have the dos disks and need what to do next. I would rather not use as a slave drive.any and all help will be appreciated.
patrick carolan

Sponsored Links

WI

09-24-01, 05:56 PM   #2  
The easiest way is to use a disk copying program such as ghost. if you only want to copy the data and and still need to load new OS then you should be able to drag and drop the data.

If you want the new bigger HD to contain all your old HD data and boot sector you will need a program such as ghost. (sorry about repeating myself) Check http://www.download.com for a demo, I think ghost will run you $39.00 nice program, but takes you a few hours to finaly get it to work how you want it to.

Brian

Visiting Guest

09-25-01, 02:44 AM   #3  
bigmike
ghost

Or just ghost the OS and leave the old drive in for storage. I suggest installing the new drive and OS then ghost the old drive. You end up with two drives. I run four on my server and they can be handy!

Search this Thread