How to output Word to JPEG format?

Old 09-28-01, 07:54 AM
Niranjan
Visiting Guest
Did a search - couldn't find an answer to this...

I'm trying to output MS Word or Powerpoint to JPEG format - one page (or slide) to one JPEG picture file. The obvious brute force method would be to print out the pages and scan them one at a time. But is there an easier way to do this, electronically? I tried using print output to file, but that only outputs as "printer file" format.

On the UNIX workstations I use at work, we have a program called snapshot. You can use this program to draw a rectangle on the screen - anything in that rectangle gets screen dumped into a file. Maybe a program like this could do the trick...

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-01, 09:54 AM
Visiting Guest
One way...

Adjust the zoom on the page so that all of the page fits on the screen. Then do Ctrl-Alt-Print Screen. This will put an image of the active window into the clipboard. Now this will be the entire window so you will see the window frame and menus of Word in the clipboard.

You will need a graphics application that can output JPG files. Open the graphics application and Ctrl-V to paste the contents of the clipboard into a new graphics file. You can then edit out the window frame, menu etc and save it to a JPG file.

Old 09-29-01, 10:42 AM
BSB
You might also be able to use a program called capture it, or something like that, it will capture anything and past it to just about anything.

brian

Old 09-30-01, 09:05 AM
The newer version of Powerpoint do export to jpeg but in a uniqe way. Powerpoint creates HTML pages with navigation buttons and some text. In the middle of the page are the Jpegs of the acutal slide. I believe the function is File>Export or File>publish. Anyway you can then go into the files and see which one is the jpeg you want.

Word is only designed to export to HTML. To get graphics you could do a screen capture which has already been suggested. The other option it to copy and paste to a high end photoeditor like Photoshop or Corel. If it is something short like word art or a graphic and a caption you can probably get away with copying and pasting into something like Microsoft Photo Editor.

Old 09-30-01, 12:14 PM
BSB
I lied about the capture name, its EZ capture, or Capture EZ, not sure which.

Brian