Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Internet caller id

Visiting Guest

09-29-01, 01:32 PM   #1  
Rmen13
hi i need some info on internet caller id's. i have one line and whenever i am online no incoming calls can come in, can someone give me some advice on what to do i want to download one of those programs that tell you who is calling when your online but i am not sure if they work. thanks

Sponsored Links

WI

09-29-01, 03:13 PM   #2  
many of the phone companies offer internet call waiting/caller ID. I plan on geting one here in a week or so. I used call wave for litte over a year (when it was free) it didnt tell you who was caling, but let the caller leave a short message then was then played from the program interface. It worked rather well, but most of my family got tired of hearing the callwave message when ever they called. As far as I know most of them cost roughly $4.95 or so a month. Bellsouth now offers (or atleast I hope they still do) a call waiting program that works with call waiting while you are online. It also has a caller ID feature that lets you decide if you want to pick up the call or not. You have to have call waiting and caller id already for the service to work. Of the others, you have to get the phone company to give you busy signal forwarding and supply the number you want the calls to be forwarded to.

Brian

Visiting Guest

09-29-01, 03:17 PM   #3  
Rmen13
thanks for the info, i am gonna call my telco company and ask about it. thanks

Search this Thread