Printer help

Old 09-29-01, 03:21 PM
BSB
Hi, I am feeling lazy and am hoping someone already has the answer for me.

Have an epson 740 sylus color printer, about a year old or so, when we first got it the pics looked awsome for a color printer. However after about 6 months the picture prints started to take on an orange hue, I just replaced the ink cartridges (thinking that since we have not used the printer in a few months the ink was going bad) now theres an ungly orange-green hue to the pictures. (this realy bugs my wife) At first I thought it had something to do with being usb, so I put it back on parrallel, no change. I have been to the epson website but they just want to spout "printer and moniters use different technologies" Duh!

Any one know of a calibration program for color printers?

Thanks

Brian

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-01, 07:45 AM
Visiting Guest
about calibration

Just wondering if you used the epson software to calibrate the printer output....it should give you a scale of 1 to 15 with vertical and horizontal lines printed and you're asked to pick the ones that are most in perfect alignment. Once this is done you should be able to print a test page with the windows logo on it in color. Then pick a picture to print that you know was printing fine previously. Then try the outputs you're having trouble with.

hope that helps.

Bryan

Old 09-30-01, 12:12 PM
BSB
Ran the calibration from epson, but while I was messing around with it, decided to check out download.com, found a program called photogenetics that prints our a series of b&w and color frames then has you choose the best ones, sets the printer color to what you chose. so far so good.

Thanks,

Brian

Old 09-30-01, 12:55 PM
BSB, I remember reading an article in Byte Magazine about Epsons color photos shifting towards orange. A quick search provided more on the subject. Byte: http://www.byte.com/documents/s=477/...0002/index.htm More: http://home.cox.rr.com/meyerfamily/epson/