printer freezes

Old 10-30-01, 01:00 PM
Visiting Guest
Red face

when i click print, everything freezes, i had a bjcl000
got a new printer today bjc2100, does same thing when i click print it
still freezes web page. i cannot move. i don't have a clue
what happened. i printed several pages 3 nights ago, the next day, i am frozen.....help thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-01, 02:53 PM
Are those printers USB? I sounds like a classic IRQ or IO memory problem. Basically, it may be that your printer or printer port are using the same resources at the same time. When they do your computer locks up.

Right click "My Computer" choose properties and then click on the Device Manager tab. See if there are any devices with a yellow question mark next to it. If so you have some conflicts you need to work out.

If you need help on that part repost to the forum and someone here will be able to help you.

Old 10-31-01, 05:17 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
emmies, We are almost frozen as far as helping you until we have an OS and version. Have you installed anything new just prior to the freezes? My guess is a program clash and killing some of the running items in startup will probably find which one. Get back with an OS and if you need help with startup items. Just stabbing here without more info but check this out...WHAT'S RUNNING AT STARTUP?....Mike

Old 11-01-01, 08:01 AM
Visiting Guest
Angry

i went to device manager no yellow question mark. i have a new printer bjc2100 with usb. a test page printed but
nothing will print after that. i struggle with computer
problems as my computer knowledge is limited. i have a
computer tech comming tomorrow but thank you very much
for help. this is a great service to the computer world.