Thanks!

Old 11-21-01, 07:07 PM
Darn.............my message disappeared. Will try again tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-01, 05:29 PM
Thank you for all your replies to my messages re defrag. and Windows 98. I really, really appreciate it!

I downloaded and ran that program that gets rid of spyware and I reinstalled the hewlett packard CD (that has Windows and a virus program and some other stuff on it) on top of my current windows so that I would still have all my files, etc. in tact. It only took about 30 minutes, and believe it or not, I think it worked!!! When I start up the computer now, and then click on the internet icon, it actually takes me there, in a couple seconds. I'm so excited.

There are a couple of glitches, but eventually I'll get it figured out. I can't use my Outlook Express now, which has may regular email, (something to do with configuration....i'm not really sure) but what the heck...I'll just use the hotmail one for a while.

Anyhow, THANK YOU so much. You've helped immensely!

Marie

Old 11-22-01, 05:32 PM
Just out of curiousity, roughly how long does it usually take you to defrag? and also to do the discskan?

Old 11-22-01, 07:35 PM
time to scan and defrag?

It takes me about 15 minutes now to scan completely with fixing error if there are any. Defrag take about 1 to 2 hours depending on the last time you defraged and how fragmented your HD is. I use Norton 2002 system works. It's a completely automatic program that you use in accordance to your lifestyle. If you go to work today and have it programmed for certain tasks thoughout the day on system idle, it will all be done by the time you get home. An IT Pro recommended it only if you are sure you are comportable with it. Although, I have a tweaking tool that let's me do whatever I want when it comes to Norton and his error causing program. you see , I use to be a programmer in the field, so I know how they work sometimes. Any other question, contact me e-mail.