Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Bookmarks

VA

12-03-01, 12:26 PM   #1  
Bookmarks

I recently acquired a new computer (thank goodness!!). I have installed Netscape 4.7 on the new computer, along with the address book file (finally found it) from my old computer.

Can't seem to locate the bookmark file, however. It would sure save a lot of search engine work if I could transfer that file to my new computer - but what file is it?

Sponsored Links

12-03-01, 03:08 PM   #2  
Hello George

We are using Netscape 6.2, so I don't know if it will be the same for your system, but I went to Start/Find/Files or Folders and typed in 'bookmarks' (without the quotations), then followed the file path for each result until I found my current list of bookmarks

My search went like this:
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\(*your logon)\kdmeujju.slt
where the (*your logon) part is our email address

In the kdmeujju.slt window, I opened the bookmarks icon (on my system it is the Netscape icon) and it looks like that's where MY bookmarks are hiding!

Don't know if this will be of ANY help to you, but it might be worth a try (at least until someone who knows what they are doing posts the real way to do it!)

Good Luck

Howie

12-03-01, 03:46 PM   #3  
Orrr...

(...d'oh...I just remembered that I've done this before!!!)

In Netscape 3.0 on my old computer, I opened the browser, clicked on the Bookmarks command button (or whatever they call those words at the top of the page), clicked on "Go To Bookmarks", in the new window, clicked on "File/Save As", then saved the whole thing to a floppy.

I think I just imported to Netscape on my new computer by opening the browser, clicking on "File/Open File" and choosing 'A' drive (my floppy drive) in the 'Look in' box and opened and reloaded my bookmarks from there...

(As you can probably tell by now, I REALLY don't know what I'm doing, BUT I did manage to move everything over without a lot of typing...)

C'mon everyone else... give George the EASY way to do this....

Howie

Last edited by howiek; 12-03-01 at 05:38 PM.

Search this Thread