Scanner Problems [email protected]#

Old 12-07-01, 11:07 AM
cynttex1
Visiting Guest
Scanner Problems [email protected]#

I need help troubleshooting my scanner. I have a HP ScanJet 5100C. A HP 9688C computer and a HP1215 photosmart printer. I have re-installed the scanner software and it assures me that all components are compatible. Yet when I try to scan the message "Your scanner is currently being acessed by another application. Please wait for the application to finish or close it"

What the heck is going on??????????? [email protected]##$
Any suggestions on what to try??????? I have been playing with this darn thing all day to no avail.

[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-01, 11:12 AM
Which OS are you running? HP has never been real good about keeping drivers up-to-date for all the various Windows versions. Also, what does device manager say about the scanner?

Old 12-07-01, 12:19 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Site

Go to the HP site at www.hp.com and do a search for your equipment. I just had one of these HP setups giving a lady fits and there were updates for the scanner etc and all was well after that. I have heard HP is doing a much better job because they don't want to do the phone thing if not needed. A bud is an authorized service center is where I heard that.

Last edited by bigmike; 12-07-01 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-07-01, 12:33 PM
cynttex1
Visiting Guest
Talking HP came through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Thanks for the advice Big Mike !!!!!!!! I went to HP.com and got help online and it works, it [email protected]# Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Cynttex1

Old 12-07-01, 12:36 PM
cynttex1
Visiting Guest
Talking thanks Big Mike. HP.com worked.

Thanks for the advice of HP.com. My problem was corrected and I am scanning [email protected]#

Thanks.
[email protected]

Search this Thread