Epson Stylus Color II

Old 12-11-01, 02:29 AM
xiii13
Visiting Guest
Epson Stylus Color II

I've got an Epson Stylus Color II printer that the black just stopped working. I have replaced the cartridge, gone thru a clean routine several times to no avail. The color cartridge works just fine. I have always used only Epson cartridges. Any clues as to whats happening?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-01, 06:36 AM
Marshall Buttre
Visiting Guest
You might try cleaning the contacts where the cartridge mounts.

A pencil eraser works well, but don't press too hard. A light "erasing" is sufficient.

Marshall Buttrey

Old 12-11-01, 07:10 AM
xiii13
Visiting Guest
Do I take the cartridge out and find the contacts inside where the cartridge was or are the contacts somewhere else?

Old 12-11-01, 09:38 AM
BSB
the contacts shold be under the cardridge. you can also use a cotton swap dipped in iso making sure to shake off the excess. or jsut wait till its all evaporated before putting the cartridge back in. Also look at the ribbon cable at the point where it connects to the cartridge unit and where it comes out from behind the plastic case. If you see a stress fracture in the cable plastic you may have a broken wire.
Or could be clogged ink jet under, not sure how to clean those.
brian

Old 12-12-01, 03:10 AM
xiii13
Visiting Guest
There are no contacts on the cartridge. When you install the cartridge the printer puts a hole in the bottom of it. Cleaned with alcohol & checked cable for cracks. Cable looks good. Still no luck!

Old 12-12-01, 09:20 AM
BSB
I'll look at my epson in the morning and see what the the contacts look like, they could be plunger type, or magnetic actuaters.

Brian