Internet Link Pauses

Old 12-11-01, 05:29 PM
Visiting Guest
Internet Link Pauses

Hello,

For some reason, once in a while after I've clicked on a link, it just pauses and doesn't do anything. The computer does not freeze, but I can't click any other link and the "working" bar doesn't do anything. It's not like it's working slowly. It's not working at all for about 20 seconds. Then after about 20 seconds, it goes to the link I clicked on. Does anyone know why and what I can do to solve this annoying problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-01, 03:08 AM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

When it "pauses" have you noticed if the IE GLOBE thingy on the top right corner of IE puases also? or does it continue to spin? My guess is if it freezes also you might have a problem with the browser if it does not it is more likely to be a internet connection problem. Either way you can try updating the browser to the latest version 6. There might be a few things that can cause this and depending on how aften it happens it might even be considered "normal".

Let me know,
Robert
A+, MCSE-NT4,MCP+I, W2KMCP

Old 12-14-01, 07:50 AM
I have that happen once in awhile too, Maybe its due to heavy traffic on the web site you are trying to get? Also certain times of the day can due it too! Just a thought!

Old 12-14-01, 02:03 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Freezing

My understanding of the reason for this is what Bob & Tom says and also it could be the CPU is busy and needs to catch up. Could also be a video hang. But I would bet on IE 6.X Actually IE 6.1 has been pretty stable, I do miss the cable modem though, DSL is OK but not near as fast as click - bang.