opening file attachments How!

Old 12-16-01, 04:41 PM
sparkeycars
Visiting Guest
Question opening file attachments How!

Hi' My brother sent me a email with an attachment.I click the attachment an it ask me where do i want to do with. I click the open an click ok. It then sends me to a place that ask me which program do i want to use to open up the file. I don"t what to do now. I;ve gotten email this before but never knew how to open the attachments,just delete them. Is there a program i have to download to open the attechment. By the away this is outlook express if that makes any difference.

Thank's Gary Mc

Old 12-16-01, 05:46 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It sounds like you did everything right, except your computer doesn't recognize the attachment and it's asking you which program to run with it. I normally don't bother with such attachments like that, I go back and tell them to send the whole thing or nothing at all. If you know it's a written document, wordpad could open it, but it might look funky. If you know it's a JPeG then Iexlore could view it. Are your computers that same or do they have different operating systems like Microsoft? Software compatiblity could be the issue also. You need to know what it is he is sending you.

Old 12-17-01, 12:33 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
sparkeycars, I don't use OE but my attachments come named and with a *.xxx type of extension. The extension is a hint what to open with. My guess is the attachment was created in a format that you don't have for example a .wks file would open with MS Works but if you don't have Works Windows will ask you what you like to open with.....Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: