Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

New System Alert

12-16-01, 10:42 AM   #1  
New System Alert

[SIZE=3]Those who are thinking about buying a new system, stay away from the HP Pavilion 7965 or any computer that has a philips CDD4851 CD-R/RW, this cd burner is defective. The System is a good system but the cdrw is not.

After much time on the phone with HP [email protected]#*port, they wanted me to send in my system so they could repair it, after doing all they told me on the phone, including Non-Destrutive Recovery, which made me have to reload much of the software for my business and all, which they said nothing would happen, yea right, and after I told them it had nothing to do with software for it was the same on 2 new systems that I had bought.

To make the story short, the cdr would not write music, would only write data, so I went out and bought a external cd-r/rw with usb connect, upon installing the new cdr, I'm now able to write music, this proves the crd drive that was equiped with it, is DEFECTIVE, I sent them e-mail letting them know this, not sure they will recall the dives on there system but when your out there looking for a top of the line system, make sure you don't get one with that model of cdrw.

I will not send the systems in, I have too much data to loose.

You would think that they would do a system check on there products to make sure they are working, guess they don't.

So BEWARE about that Brand and Model # when out on the maket.
[/SIZE]

Sponsored Links

12-16-01, 06:07 PM   #2  
I question anything with a hp on it. My system(8565C Pentium3) had the motherboard go bad after a month of being bought new and now, less than 2 years later, the monitor is bad. After hours on the help line about the motherboard in which I was paying for the long distance call, I decided just to e-mail their non help on the monitor problem. Warranty was out anway. but they know my dissatisfaction, and in a total quality era of business decision making, they've made a huge mistake.

Search this Thread