Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

finding a password

AL

12-18-01, 09:06 AM   #1  
finding a password

I have a computer that is asking for a password to the bios although I have never given one to it. I lost the hard drive and bought a new one when I installed it I needed to change the bois setting for it I cannot get into it to do the change and I can't seem to find anyway to override the password protection. Is there anyway to get at it. The origional owner died last year and I bought the computer from his estate. So is it scrape or is there a way to get around this?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-18-01, 09:49 AM   #2  
xiii13
Password

All of the computers I've worked on have a BIOS password override jumper on the motherboard. You need to find the manual for the motherboard and find this jumper. Putting this jumper on clears the CMOS and passwords. If you don't have the manual try this website, it has some tricks that just might help.

AL

12-18-01, 10:57 AM   #3  
Thanks the site will help

IL

12-18-01, 12:46 PM   #4  
Another old trick is to simply remove the MB battery. This will, however, reset all you bios setting to factory default.

Search this Thread