Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Mpeg

Visiting Guest

12-21-01, 07:43 AM   #1  
RobSchaef
Mpeg

Are there any DVD players out there that will play these files? I would like to be able to burn a MPEG file to a CD and play it on a DVD player. The video editing software I have does not have the option to save in a DVD format.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-22-01, 06:39 AM   #2  
bigmike
Several

Yes there are several, How deep is your pocket? I am very fond of Denon. You pay for quality you get quality and I don't mean their $100 to $200 line. Pick up the $300 to $500 priced unit and you will be pleased for many years. But that goes with just about everything. Sony, Sharp, JVC. All of these will be able to play just about anything but you have to make sure it will do what you want. Burning software is everywhere. I installed a burner last night that had some really cool options but for the life of me can't remember the name of it. But the answer is Yes.

Visiting Guest

12-22-01, 10:23 AM   #3  
mikejmerritt
RobSchaef, The people at this Multimedia Forum know whats up with this sort of thing....Mike

IL

12-23-01, 08:29 AM   #4  
What you may be looking for is a DVD that can read CDR and VCD (video CD) disks. It would also be nice if it will read MP3 files on a CDR.

Mpeg comes in 2 flavors 1 & 2. Most DVDs use Mpeg 2 as does a digital satelite system. A lot of the home video production software uses Mpeg 1 because it takes up less space. Hence you can get up to an hour of video on a CD.

If you have the right CD burning software you can turn either an MPEG 1 or 2 file in a VCD on a CDR. Considering the future I would only buy a DVD player that played these types of files and disks. Just bought a Pioneer at Amazon that did all that for under $140.

Search this Thread