compaq splash screen

Old 12-25-01, 09:54 AM
compaq splash screen

Is it possible to disable the compaq logo that is seen at bootup so that i can see what is happening when my computer is booting such as the memory test? I tried using tweakui to do this but it only disabled the windows98 splash screen. I have a compaq 7478 if it matters. I think i read one time that the logo is part of the bios.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-01, 04:50 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Logos are oi.sys in Win98

jeff67, Logos are managed for the most part in oi.sys and this is a place only the experienced need go. To view what I think you want to see go to Shutdown and when rebooting hold Control until you get beeped at and follow on screen directions. If Compaq is like most running Win98 when finished viewing boot processes press F2 to go into Windows. I have no experience with Compaq and things may be different but give this a try and let us know how you make out......Mike

Old 12-26-01, 03:22 AM
Gary Tait
Visiting Guest
That early in the game it will be a CMOS setup option, if it
is an option at all, or at least a keystroke to remove it.

Old 12-26-01, 04:23 AM
Suggest: www.compaq.com - search = disable logo OR if Award (flash) BIOS www.hardwaresecrets.com - downloads - need 2 programs, BMP file & BIOS update + courage. "Are you sure?" fraid' not. BIOS? - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum\Root