Netscape 6.01

Old 12-27-01, 03:35 AM
ed.bignell
Visiting Guest
Netscape 6.01

I have got to learn to leave things alone when everything is working OK !
Recently downloaded Netscape and now find that any pictures coming in as attachments to e-mail (using Eudora 5) the attachments show up with the Netscape "N" icon and when I double click to open, up comes the Netscape screen.
While I can get the pictures up on the screen ok, I don't want then to come through Netscape. Can this be disabled ?.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-01, 04:06 AM
Group Moderator
Netscape has apparaently installed itself as the default viewer for those file types. You can fix this in Windows Explorer. Click on <Tools>, <Folder Options>. Select <File Types>. Go down the list until you find the file type(s) in question. The "Opens with:" will probably say "Netscape". Two ways to fix this: (1) Edit the options - Highlight the item in the list and hit the "edit" button. On the edit dialogue box select "open" and hit "edit" button. A dialogue box will come up that will have an option that says "Application used to perform action". This box will show that path to the Netscape browser; change it to whatever other application you want to use. (2) Alternate method - On the intial Folder Options dialogue box highlight the file types and hit the "remove" button; this deletes the association between the file types and the Netscape browser. Now back out of the File Options and find any file in Explorer with the file type extension you want to associate, i.e. JPG. Now double click on the file name. Since you have deleted the file association, Windows won't know what application to use and you will get the dialogue box asking what app to use. Make sure you "check" the box that asks if you want to always use that app for those file types. Problem fixed. Good luck.

Search this Thread