Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Photos print too red

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

12-27-01, 09:20 AM   #1  
Photos print too red

We have an HP DeskJet 722C printer. Whether scanned (HP ScanJet 3200C) or printed from some other source, photographs that look perfect on the screen print out red. All of our photographs look like people have a fever. Is there any way to adjust the color balance?

Thank you,
Kathy

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-27-01, 02:46 PM   #2  
bigmike
Dig

Look around in your software, there will be an area for color adjustment. I am not familure with you software as I run Cannon and Oki. Most if not all photo editing software has settings to adjust everything from paper size to color.

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

12-28-01, 03:11 AM   #3  
Thank you for the reply. I've checked the printer settings and the Word 97 options, and haven't been able to find a color adjustment in either.

Visiting Guest

12-28-01, 05:39 AM   #4  
bigmike
Photo

I meant relly to look in the HP photo softeware you are using. If you dont see it them it isn't loaded. Reload the HP software. I have dealt with this software before to some extent and there should be settings for color depth etc.

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-01-02, 02:56 AM   #5  
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers from the hp website, added the updates, and searched through all the settings and properties I can find. Still, I've been unable to locate any adjustment options. Any other suggestions for a deskjet722C that I might try? HP doesn't offer e-mail support for this printer.

Thank you,
Kathy

Visiting Guest

01-01-02, 03:18 AM   #6  
bigmike
Normal Print

Have you tried just normal printing? Text? Color text? Does it come out red then? I am thinking you have a defective print head. I have never seen photo editing software that doesn't allow color options. If you've done all the software upgrades etc then it has to be the printer. Have you cleaned the heads? Your HP software should have a maintenance program in it. If not, replace the printer. Printers like everything else have got very reasonable. Bubble jets are less that $150 easy. Lasers are still a little high. My OKI 4W is still around $400. Laser color printers are pricey but very nice printers. Try a different color cartridge, that one may be stopped up or dried up. Can you print just red? Just Blue etc. Try cleaning it, the owner’s manual will tell you how. Rambling sorry...

Search this Thread