External CdRW not working

Old 12-28-01, 06:09 PM
Rmen13
Visiting Guest
External CdRW not working

i installed my phillips external cdrw drive that uses a usb connection and the software it came with and it says "there are no supported cd recorders available. ensure that your cd recorder is powered on and that all cables are properly connected. you may also need to update Easy Cd Creator to recognize your cd recorder. to update Easy Cd Creator select web-checkup from internet menu." whenever i try to create a cd. and i did the web-checkup and it says i don't need it does someone know what the problem is? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-01, 11:08 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Rmen13, Look in Device Manager to see if the cd-r is listed there. If you indeed did get it installed it will be there. If its there right click it and choose properties. Some times it seems you have to force feed Windows these USB devices. Remove the device in Device Manager and uninstall the cd-r. Shut down and Windows should find the cd-r and then install from the disk rather than let Windows search for best driver......Mike

Old 12-29-01, 11:11 AM
Rmen13
Visiting Guest
thanks but i don't think that is the problem because i just talked to the tech and he says its not compatible with windows 95 but on the box it says it is but its false thanks for the help.

Old 12-29-01, 12:33 PM
BSB
check out this link. http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q253756

only oem versions of win95 (and later versions of windows) can be upgraded to use usb. sorry

Brian

Old 12-29-01, 01:10 PM
Rmen13
Visiting Guest
thanks bsb