Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Burning CD from cassettes

12-30-01, 11:28 PM   #1  
Burning CD from cassettes

Prior to my Father's death, he recorded many of his life events on cassettes. I want to burn CD's from those old cassettes recordings as I suspect the CD will last longer than the tapes.Is there a "patch cord" of some type to connect between the cassette player and my computer? I'm a greenhorn at burning CD's are there any tips that I should be aware of.I have looked at the responses to the question Cynjas posted on 12/30 and got some useful info. from those responses. Thanks

Sponsored Links

OH

12-31-01, 12:34 AM   #2  
There are pretty good instructions on how to do this HERE . You should be able to pick up the cables for connecting the cassette player to your sound card from Radio Shack or similar store. Hope this helps.

Super Moderator

CANADA

01-01-02, 02:05 PM   #3  
sandy2000:
A nice project. I did the same thing for Xmas 2000 with music from my deceased father in law. It was inspired by the location of an unknown 78 rpm recording from a 1949 talent show he competed in .
All I did was transfer the 78 to a cassette and then plug the cassette into the line in on my sound card. I then used Sound Forge to record and save wave files and also clean up the clicks and pops.

GregH.........HVAC/R Tech

Search this Thread