Burning CD from cassettes

Old 12-30-01, 11:28 PM
Burning CD from cassettes

Prior to my Father's death, he recorded many of his life events on cassettes. I want to burn CD's from those old cassettes recordings as I suspect the CD will last longer than the tapes.Is there a "patch cord" of some type to connect between the cassette player and my computer? I'm a greenhorn at burning CD's are there any tips that I should be aware of.I have looked at the responses to the question Cynjas posted on 12/30 and got some useful info. from those responses. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-01, 12:34 AM
There are pretty good instructions on how to do this HERE . You should be able to pick up the cables for connecting the cassette player to your sound card from Radio Shack or similar store. Hope this helps.

Old 01-01-02, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator
sandy2000:
A nice project. I did the same thing for Xmas 2000 with music from my deceased father in law. It was inspired by the location of an unknown 78 rpm recording from a 1949 talent show he competed in .
All I did was transfer the 78 to a cassette and then plug the cassette into the line in on my sound card. I then used Sound Forge to record and save wave files and also clean up the clicks and pops.