Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Zone Alarm and internet Game?

PA

12-31-01, 12:09 PM   #1  
Zone Alarm and internet Game?

Hi, Everyone, I just installed zone alarm and i like to play checkers over the internet once in a while and it seems the firewall is stopping me! I have 2 questions, Does anyone know how i can configure to allow the game to play with my firewall? and secondly, i always here Contact the network administrator, well HOW do i do that? Any help at all please let me know, TOM PS: I guess this is why i cannot get pictures in my email anymore too?

Sponsored Links

12-31-01, 07:56 PM   #2  
Open ZoneAlarm on the system tray by clicking on it and go over to the programs tab. Look down the list of programs that you want to allow access to the internet and place a check mark where it says allow connect. If it's acting as a server, like instant messengers, then you have to also put a check mark on allow server. The last question, I don't have enough information for that. Is this a network for where you work or did you accidently configure your home computer to a network?

PA

12-31-01, 11:57 PM   #3  
Skipslot: Thank you that worked great, actually the internet checker game that i play has the name of (coinsidently) Zone Data and it was there all along to give permission to access the internet but hence the name and i thought it was part of zone alarm itself, but it was not, therefore i ignored it by mistake.

Search this Thread