error GDI32.DLL

Old 01-01-02, 04:08 AM
cynjas
Visiting Guest
error GDI32.DLL

My friend just formatted my old computer. We had it all up and going and it was working wonderfully. Last night before I went to bed I thought I would run a Defrag because I thought I should do it to put everything in order. Well now when I start the computer it is starting right and then I get this: Explorer has caused an error in GDI32.DLL If you continue to experiance proplems try restarting your computer. In order to do that I am having to cold boot it. Because I have nothing on my screen at all just empty blue screen. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-02, 10:21 AM
BSB
try booting into safe-mode go to msconfig (from the run command) then to startup tab and select selective startup or step by step(I think) then reboot. You could do a step by step boot up, but I dont think you will get windows components, only config.sys and autoexec.bat prompts.

If you are still unable to boot up properly go back into safemode, msconfig, startup and disable any non-critical programs, restart to see if any change. If there is, re-enable 1 device at a time in startup untill the problem returns.

If this does not fix issue you may have to format and reload windows.

Can only find 2 gdi32.dll error resources. both on this page.
either a printer issue or a video isue.

GDI.32

Brian

Old 01-02-02, 12:02 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Glide

Isn't the GDI32.dll part of the 3d Glide/3D FX software? Just spit balling, thanks for that site BSB! Go here http://dll.yaroslavl.ru/index.php3?in_char=G for that .dll if you want to replace it just to be safe. This site also appears to be hippie proof and gives good info on how to DIY.