Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Bad Video?

Visiting Guest

01-06-02, 09:57 AM   #1  
Lascelles
Bad Video?

I am having difficulty changing the color depth in my display.
In my Control Panel the settings display only gives me two color depth options:16 bit and 2. Please help me to figure out the problem.I think it stens from a bad video.I'm no expert so I need
some advice.If it is the video card: will the procedure of removing the bad card a fairly simple one?Please send directions.Thanx

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

01-07-02, 03:20 AM   #2  
bigmike
16 bit

16 bit is 16 million colors. 2? Don’t know what that is. If you mean 16 Colors at 640x480 is all you have then you most likely do not have the drivers installed for the card correct. Right clk. on the Desk Top;
Left clk; Properties; Settings; Advanced; Adapter; see what the drivers are. If you know what the card is you will need to install the drivers that came with it/for it because Win is probably loading default drivers. Log into www.driverguide.com to locate drivers or go to the manufacturer site. Destructions usually come with the drivers for install.
Also in that same area look in “Monitors”. See if it shows your monitor? If it says “Default Monitor” you will need to find its drivers most likely from the manufacturer. By the way a video card rarely fails the way you describe this problem.

Visiting Guest

01-10-02, 02:19 PM   #3  
Lascelles
Thanks

Thank you very much for your reply. I haven't had the chance to try your suggestion due to my work schedule.Your advice sounds like you are pretty knowledgable in this area.thanks very much again.

Search this Thread