Encoded Document

Old 01-12-02, 01:24 PM
Visiting Guest
Encoded Document

Don`t laugh, I`m new to this ..but recently I d/l`ed a document from a site online, but when I opened it ..it looked like jibberish..code or something. I really want to view this thing ..is there anything I can do to see what it really says..?? Like I say I`m new to the computing game so any help is greatly appreicated..Thanks loads!

Old 01-12-02, 03:39 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
You Need Winzip

tessa28001, You need an unzipping or archiving utility. Try www.winzip.com This is not a free utility. The last time I checked it was $20-30 US. To try it download and begin using it and if its what you want pay them. To be honest, Winzip works on the honor system. If you never pay them the program continues to work but you have to jump through hoops every time you use it by clicking agreements that say you understand that to continue using the product you need to register (pay). This or a program like it is a must for any PC user who downloads or wants to compress files. Read the Help and Readme files that come with the program and you'll be on your way. If any trouble get back here and there are many who will be glad to help you get control of the zipped jibberish....Mike

Old 01-12-02, 05:58 PM
Visiting Guest
You might want to look at the file extention that you downloaded and provide that information as well. It might be in the format for a program that you do not currently have but could possibly retrieve and install. The name of the file you downloaded would be followed with a .### What were those last three letters and someone could tell you what program uses that extention.

Old 01-13-02, 01:57 AM
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by Tarenger
You might want to look at the file extention that you downloaded and provide that information as well. It might be in the format for a program that you do not currently have but could possibly retrieve and install. The name of the file you downloaded would be followed with a .### What were those last three letters and someone could tell you what program uses that extention.

Old 01-13-02, 02:03 AM
Visiting Guest
Encoded Document

I forgot to include the last three digits to the file that i`ve been trying to open..they`re..PDF file type ..pf File extention...pf does this make any sence to anyone..its Greek to me.

Old 01-13-02, 06:16 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Old 01-13-02, 01:29 PM
Visiting Guest
Acrobat Reader is the software you need. It is a free DL or avialable bundled with many different pieces of software. If you have a printer or scanner on your system, you might want to check the CDs that came with them for the software and save yourself the DL time.

Old 01-18-02, 07:53 AM
Gary Tait
Visiting Guest
Also check the Magazines on the newsstand, they may have them. Check out Maxiumum PC, every couple of months their
CD-ROM has all sorts of utilities, Acrobat reader being one of them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: