Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

passwords

01-20-02, 04:40 AM   #1  
passwords

have a stupid question that i know i know the answer to but cant remember for the life of me.how do i turn off my password prompt for windows?second how do i get the computer to remember my password for my dial up connection ? thanks all

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-20-02, 07:20 AM   #2  
Try This

Password:
According to your description, I guess you have a window95 or Win98 PC.
Here what you can do.
Click on START
Find - Files or Folder
Find *.pwl and Delete them all.
Reboot your pc.
Windows will display your Windows Username again, but you can erase it and type in whatever you want.......for examples:

Username: TEST
Password: Leave Blank <-- don't fill in anything

Hit OK, it will bring you to another window and ask you to type in your password and confirm your password again......
*****************CLEAR THEM OUT************
and Hit OK.
Next time you restart your computer --------Won't have that annoying message again.

DUN - Dial-Up-Connection:
Password remeber, .....click on My computer ......Network Neighborhood......or Dial Up connection.......then Double click on your connection......it should bring up a box for you to dial
***Under Username and Password, there is a little box for you to click in.......(Remember password).

I hope it help

01-20-02, 02:54 PM   #3  
thanks jason the windows worked great.the dialup however,still can't get it to remember my pass word =sorry win 98 on an ibm aptiva system

WI

01-21-02, 04:42 AM   #4  
See if this page can help you resolve your problem.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article04-004

Brian

Visiting Guest

01-21-02, 06:24 AM   #5  
mikejmerritt
Some time back I found that when using profiles in Win98 only the secondary profiles DUN settings will be retained meaning that the primary profile will always have to fill password and choose connect......Mike

Search this Thread