Need help with browser problems

Old 01-20-02, 02:04 PM
Pigfanatic
Visiting Guest
Question Need help with browser problems

Please :-)

Finished networking our 3 home computers. One was a new emachine with WindowsXP. What a snap! The second is an older (2 years) that runs on Windows 98. This computer has not been on the internet in over a year. Now for some reason I cannot get Explorer to run.... and I can't update because it says that I have problems with my old version. I have even tried installing Netscape, but it gets to one point then stops and reports that it cannot continue.
I can get online with it using windows update, but it needs a browser. I even tired downloading explorer from the windows update and it will not let me finish.

Any ideas? ~thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-02, 07:27 PM
sfc.exe or uninstall & etiher extract IE from setup CD or install IE/NS from download or CD.

Old 01-24-02, 05:07 AM
Pigfanatic
Visiting Guest
2000 - thanks for the help. I finally had to reinstall Windows since there seemed to be problems elsewhere as well. This took care of the problem and all computers (4 now) are on the web and I can finally see the files and/or printers from all the computers. *YEAH*

Thanks again!

Old 01-24-02, 05:14 AM
Did you install a router for your internet connection, and if so, what kind?

Old 01-24-02, 06:30 AM
Pigfanatic
Visiting Guest
Yes, we installed a NetGear RP114 rounter that I picked up at BestBuy as an "opened" item for $49.60. BTW- if it had ever been opened nothing had been removed, noone could repack that well :-)
I did find a web page yesterday that has really been a great help with the file sharing part of our network
http://www.wown.com