system problem

Old 02-04-02, 04:45 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
system problem

I need help
An error starting program box comes up on the screen and I can't get it off without shutting down. The message reads inside the box, A required .DLL file, FILECACHEMGR. DLL, was not found.
thanks
Isetheby

Old 02-04-02, 05:18 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
What program is trying to find that file? Best bet will probably be to reinstall the program, but first try doing a search to see if the file is anywhere on the computer. It's not a Win98 system file because I just checked mine.

Old 02-04-02, 05:26 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
sysyem problem

At the time i was in microsoft office office professional 2000 but from what i can understand it is also happening in other applications
Stumped

Old 02-04-02, 09:26 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
What OS are you running?

Old 02-04-02, 09:35 AM
Visiting Guest
Well I did a search for the file on winME and XP which both have office pro 2K installed and I could not find this file either. Also completed a search in Technet to find this file and again came up empty. So I am safe in saying that this is not a Microsoft file.

Have you loaded any non-microsoft additions to the Office. Some utilities out there that are suppose to add features could be causing this problem. You may also want to go into MSCONFIG and turn off programs running at startup and then launch the application and see if the error comes up again. If it does, I'll admit Im stumped right along with you

Old 02-04-02, 01:45 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool OS?

I’m coming up with some hits but need to know OS?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: