IE 5.5 Opens Minimized

Old 02-04-02, 02:12 PM
Tommg
Visiting Guest
IE 5.5 Opens Minimized

This minor but nagging problem started recently. If I open IE from a link, it opens minimized. If I open it from the desktop, it opens normally. On a different computer, IE opens smaller, but still not maximized. Is there a fix to this?

Thanks!

Tom

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-02, 02:26 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Left Click on START, left click on CONTROL PANEL. Find INTERNET OPTIONS and left click on it. Set your Internet Options to whatever you want it to do.

Helpful Hint: Internet Explorer 6.0 is much better. And, it's free.

Smokey

Old 02-05-02, 04:25 AM
Tommg
Visiting Guest
Config Fix

Thanks, Smokey:

I had previously looked at Internet Options, however there is not a fix for my problem there that I can find. If I am overlooking something, please let me know. I'm pretty sure it's a configuration or registry thing.

Thanks!

Tom

Old 02-07-02, 12:50 PM
Tommg
Visiting Guest
KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Ok, I'll answer my own stupid question, courtesy of Microsoft newsgroups. The solution was to drag the minimized window to the desired size (using the handles, not the maximize button), then close the maximized window after closing any other browser windows. The window needs to be closed using file/close rather than with the button. This works on W98 as well as W-ME.

I should have known that the simplest solution would be the best one!

Old 02-07-02, 08:15 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool CTRL/Close

Someone posted here a few months ago to try this… When closing down IE, PSP, Outlook etc hold the “CTRL” key down and click the “X”. Next time the window opens it will open the last way you closed it. Each instance of IE being opened requires the ctrl-x function to get it to open the same way the next time. I have noticed that selecting the "remember the last setting of the window" does not always work. I have also found that in Tweak UI if you share a network printer or drive the auto logon setting ceases to function. Further research on the last in progress