SuperDisk drive

Old 02-04-02, 04:16 PM
wingplow
Visiting Guest
SuperDisk drive

I have a Panasonic internal disk drive I would like to install in my Compaq Presario. Can someone tell me what cables I need. Should I make it the master or the slave. Step by step installation would help me out quite a bit if someone knows.

Thank You

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-02, 06:36 PM
I believe the drive is a IDE type. Depending on how you system is configured, I would put the drive as a master on the secondary channel, and leave CDROM as the slave. You should not need to install any drivers for it. If you do, then use the included drivers or o to the manufacturer's website and download them. The whole process should be pretty simple. Just make sure you only have 1 master and one slave per channel, and that the drive is a primary drive.

Old 02-04-02, 06:58 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool ;-)

A six pack, a large hammer and a S&W .38 helps. Naw, do what trintro says and it will go like a dream. But, I'm sure you are talking about a hard drive? And you want to keep your other HD also? Put the two HD’s on one channel (ribbon cable) as your original drive as master and your new drive as slave. Hook the CD up to channel two by itself. OS? Assuming 98 2ond plus edition you should not have to do a thing. If it does not show you may have to go into the bios and turn on the “Auto” HD detect so the system sees the new drive. Use your now installed drive for storage, programs. You don’t have to install a user program on C: drive. You could install Office to “D:” drive if you wish. I have run across a few games that didn’t care for that but programming doesn’t mind. I usually run a new program off one of my secondary drives first then put it on “C” if it’s a long term keeper.

Old 02-04-02, 07:37 PM
I thought he meant one of those Super Drives that I thought only Imation made. Either way, my instructions are the same...