Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

boycott espn.com

Visiting Guest

02-07-02, 10:26 AM   #1  
Mosey
boycott espn.com

A couple of times espn.com has used has very annoying ad technique. The constant pop up ads that have become popular with web sites is bad enough, but tolerable since all I have to do is close the window. But this new thing they're doing is going way too far on the "annoyance" scale. If users of the internet don't put a stop to it now, they'll be everywhere, just like the pop up ads. Here's what I'm talking about. You go to a page and start reading an article and all of a sudden the page gets "taken over" and covered with the ad as if someone covered part a piece of paper you are reading with another piece of paper. As far as I can tell, there's no way to get rid of it, so you have to wait for it to time out. I'm sure espn.com is not the only one doing it, but I'll get my sports news from somewhere else until they stop!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-07-02, 11:59 AM   #2  
mikejmerritt
Mosey, If you Control, Alt, Delete the popup should be at the top and you can kill it there. It is a pain because sometimes this will close all browser windows. Also, Pow popup killer is a good utility for controlling there pests.....Mike

Search this Thread