Sound card

Old 02-11-02, 09:21 AM
doc-2-27295
Visiting Guest
Sound card

Can anyone help me ? I format my 4gb hard drive that had windows 95 on it that had problems. and reinstall win 98 the mb has build in sound card and it work find with 95. But i can not get it work with 98 I see it in the deivice mrg and there no conf with the driver. I look in control panel in multimedia but it will not let me make any change Have i lost the drivers? . help please

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-02, 10:27 AM
If you reformated the hard drive of course the drivers were lost. Along with anything else on that drive. The easiest way would be to go to you MB's manufacturer's website and download the new ones. If you're lucky, running Windows update will download the correct ones. But not very often. If you have a VIA chipset you can also go to VIA's website and download the 4in1 drivers. If you have an intel chipset you can also go to intel and download the 810 variety drivers.

Old 02-11-02, 12:05 PM
BSB
If you still have the CD that came with the MB (if one did) it should have all "onboard" drivers on it.

Brian

Old 02-11-02, 12:32 PM
doc-2-27295
Visiting Guest
Sound Card

It was a juck computer trying revie, all i have is 98 95 3.1 com 3.

Old 02-11-02, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure what you mean....
If it's a brand name go the the manufacturer's website. If not, try to get the motheboard type and manufacturer (it's on the board), and the sound chipset (also on the board), and go from there. Or you can buy a cheap sound card, and disable the onboard.

Old 02-11-02, 01:41 PM
doc-2-27295
Visiting Guest
MB

How can I tell what kind mother board i have? I have other PC like it can I copy the from?sry for all the question just trying to learn to fix owen. and thanks to all for the answer

Old 02-11-02, 01:44 PM
doc-2-27295
Visiting Guest
MB

Thanks. It a HP 300 mhz II

Old 02-11-02, 01:46 PM
doc-2-27295
Visiting Guest
Just Good People

To All, Thanks

Old 02-11-02, 07:32 PM
Just go to HP's website, go to the support section, type in the model numbe (probably Pavilion something), and hit the sound card drivers. It's probably an ESS chipset, but you never know. While you're there see if there are any better drivers for your video card and modem too.

Old 02-13-02, 05:52 AM
doc-2-27295
Visiting Guest
safe mode

Ok, I added a new driver now the computer strat ups in safe mode. How can I remove the new installed drivr=er ? it is not in devices manger the driver is micorsoft audo codec gsm 610

Old 02-13-02, 09:17 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
A codec is not what you needed. Codec's are for playback of specific files. You will have to come back up in safe mode? And see if you can find the codec in "Add Remove" programs, also get rid of all drivers you have installed. I think you started another thread on this and I have replied to it. Try to keep threads in one piece, I forget what I had for breakfast so difficult to follow multiple threads on the same subject Of all the things I have lost my mind I miss the most

Old 02-13-02, 10:08 AM
When you say starts up in safe mode you mean doesn't start in the "regular" mode? Remove the hardware you last install, that should clear it up. It's very unusual to install a wrong sound card driver and have to go to safe mode. Unless it's a video or IDE driver. Make sure you installed the correct driver.

Old 02-13-02, 01:46 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool codec

Hey trinitro he installed a codec that doesn't belong. I am sure that is where the lock up is coming from.