driver

Old 02-13-02, 07:42 AM
doc-2-27295
Visiting Guest
driver

Really having problems this. I though i down loaded the right driver. but it did not work. So I try the GSM 610 Codec MS driver and it just has mess me up . I don't want to have to re format the it i have everything loaded. Help please

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-02, 09:05 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Sound

I am going to assume that you are still talking about the same thing as before. At this point since you cannot identify the sound card then you need to go into the bios and disable the onboard sound. Go to Wally World and buy and inexpensive sound card and install it. If you want me or any of us to find the proper drivers we are going to have to have the EXACT name of the main board or find the sound processor which will be, in most cases, very close to the plugs for the speaker outputs. Not always but usually. You may also be able to trace the traces from the spkr outs to the processor. I too believe itís an ESS system and you will have to have the exact drivers for it. Get out the flashlight and try to get a processor number for us and we will go from there. Actually just buy a new one for 30 or 40 bucks and be done with it.