Easy CD Creator 4.02

Old 02-23-02, 12:52 PM
jj78629
Visiting Guest
Easy CD Creator 4.02

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me on this?
When you rip a cd, like from Walmart, and you use Windows Media Player, does it automatically make the songs WMA files format .I have alot of mp3's I downloaded off internet, and all say mp3 files, but some I ripped say windows media files, which do not show up in ECDC. I have version 4.02 and I think it does not support wma's.
So what I'm asking is, are wma files copy righted files that will not burn to a cd? Are they from the player or where? What would you use to burn a store bought cd and not have it WMA format and could you burn it? Thanks for the help. Jay

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-02, 02:48 PM
Gary Tait
Visiting Guest
Not necessarily, it's just that ECDC doesn't recognize them as audio files. You will have to extract them to WAV files to burn them to CD.

Old 02-23-02, 06:17 PM
jj78629
Visiting Guest
I have looked for a program to convert WMA files to WAV, but all they talk about is converting Wav to WMA or mp3 to WAV.
Is WMA just a compressed format like mp3's or something else? Is it something you want or is mp3 more desirrable? I hope someone can set me straight. Thanks, Jay

Old 02-24-02, 06:31 AM
Gary Tait
Visiting Guest
WMA is MicroSoft's proprietary compressed format, and it is best to stick with MP3, as it is pretty universal ond usually open.

You might look into getting MusicMatch Jukebox, as it can
manage yor music collection on your PC, including ripping AND
burning CDs.

Since you say you ripped the WMA files, just delete them, and re-
rip them in MP3 format, using MMJB, or similar.