m.s.n ins. messenger problems (help)

Old 03-08-02, 07:32 AM
sparkeycars
Visiting Guest
Question m.s.n ins. messenger problems (help)

Hi Everybody. I have a Gateway 950 select runnin windows ME. When i'm usein M.S.N. instant messenger service, When i chat to a friend 3 or 4 of his messages he sent to me in the past show up. It's not happening on his computer, Just mine. MSN gave me a compulated way fix it, but i'm just a beginner. she said it was a virus. I have Norton antivirus 2002, an had all the updates!. I have only 3 contact on msn instant messenger an all of those are on one computer. Can anybody help me? Once again i'm a beginner, so if you have a solution, type slow.

Thank's Gary

Old 03-08-02, 07:43 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi spark,

The folks here could better serve you if you provided us the link to the fix that MSN gave you. Or perhaps, post MSN's reply directly to this forum.

Old 03-08-02, 05:10 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool MSN

I too am having some problems with MSN. Don’t listen to their crap about it being your system it’s not! I don’t know a cure for this phenomena but I have seen it in the past. It’s Microsoft, what do you expect. Mine keeps kicking me off, I have 24/7 connect thru a DSL line and MSN will tell me I’m not connected. One other problem is the file transfer feature, one day it will work next day it won’t. Guy at MS tried to tell me my connection was to slow to handle file transfer, this was back when I had the cable modem. Told him what I had and we suddenly got disconnected from the phone call. No kidding, he hung up on me! Been thru their help and even tried to email their tech support. First thing out of their mouths was it was my computer not their over taxed servers. Ah well, life goes on, I have re-installed MSN etc to no avail so just put up with the quirks. Messengers like ICQ and Yahoo are too intrusive and are constantly targeted for virus attacks. So MSN is the only one left…

Old 03-08-02, 09:08 PM
sparkeycars
Visiting Guest
instant mesenger service

Hi This is Gary. i was the person with the so called virus, on M.S.N. instant messenger service. I just got off of it . i was on for 2 hours. Not a problem! This message supposed to show up when my contact typed an sent this word (yes) the message would say (hey? want me to send my new pic? i took them yesterday). That did not show up tonite, after 2 hours of chattin.
Symantec.com say's it a (w32 annoying.worm). I ran a scan of my computer, an it said no virus were found. And my Norton anti-virus is up todate. it automaticly downloads updates. I don't know what goin on. I'm far from a expert.

Thank's for letting me talk Gary M

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: