Clever Cam 360 Made by Arcsoft Software

Old 03-13-02, 12:30 PM
Jessie92382
Visiting Guest
Clever Cam 360 Made by Arcsoft Software

Hello,
I am having a problem with a camera I purchased.
First of all I have windows XP and the camera was made for windows 98 - 2000. I downloaded the correct installation reqirements. However when I go to get the pictures I took to put on the computer, I go through Video Impression 2000.I click on aquire and it responds with there is no camera. The USB cord is hooked correctly. Also if I go to video Impression to record something it says there is no VHW driver. I hope that is enough information to give you a clue as to a way to try and help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Jessie

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-02, 06:46 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Photo shop

Try this, use Windoze Photo editor or Image Viewer and see if it will acquire. This type of thing can really be tricky. Also make sure the com port that the camera is trying to use is not being used by a modem or like a Palm device, scanner etc. Com ports are often shared; I share com2 with my camera and my Palm 3c. If the Palm software (Hotsync) is active the camera says there is no camera device attached. From what I have seen the camera software usually looks for com2 as the default. Best advice is to add another com port like com4 and put the modem on it and allow the cam com2 access. You don’t have to use their software to edit the pictures; paint or photo shop by MS will also work and probably give you more options. As long as the Twain drivers are loaded the cam will use whatever editor you want. Try using a different USB port, just re-read your post, the above may not apply. Look in device manager and see if the Twain drivers/cam is showing up.

Old 03-17-02, 12:07 PM
Jessie92382
Visiting Guest
Hello,
I was told that I have to register my camera. Could you possibly tell me how? The computer still replies with theres no camera.
Thankyou
Jessie

Old 03-17-02, 02:23 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
USB Conflict?

Did you try to use MS Photo editor to open the camera? Did you look in the device manager and in programming to make sure the “Twain” drivers are loaded? Do a file search for twain and see if it is in c:/windows/system. Look in the device manager for any USB or com port conflicts.
Are you using any other USB devices? Are the USB drivers loaded? Is there power to the camera? The registration is nonsense, no such thing in hardware of this nature. Uninstall and re-install the Photo Max or whatever viewer. Actually you do not need a stand alone viewer for the cam, MS Photo editor or paint or Image Viewer will open the camera and see it as a device. You have a hardware conflict, if the software is loading then the hardware is not communicating with the software. CK the USB connections, go to a com port (serial) connection instead of the USB. Unplug and disable any other USB connected device, like your scanner, printer. USB is “Hot swappable” so you don’t have to kill the power to switch devices. Something like this is difficult to trouble shoot not being able to see it but we will muddle through it.
Try these things then holler at me...