Windows Restore

Old 03-27-02, 12:03 PM
Windows Restore

I have a Dell Computer with Windows Me - 933 mhz. In the past I have used Windows Restore but wanted to use it again and it will get half way through and reboots the computer. I can make a new restore point OK.

Does anyone know what may be wrongj.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-02, 11:11 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Error?

My question is why are you having to use a restore function? What is causing you the problem or error? In all the years I have ran 98.x and ME I have never had to do a restore and I hammer these things. Not trying to be flip, but we need to fix whatever is giving you the headache then go from there. I finally got around to loading 2000, man is it nice. Should have done is months ago but ME was sailing along without a hitch soooo. Let’s figure out why it’s being stubborn and go from there… Mike

Old 03-28-02, 05:05 AM
gavin_m_y2k
Visiting Guest
all u ave 2 do is download the update from microsoft and it should work fine if not ask dell wat the hell is wrong wid it

Old 03-28-02, 02:58 PM
Do my eyes deceive me BigMike? You like Windows 2000 now?

Anyway, I think your problem Harlan is the restore software that Dell sent you may be buggy or you've made some change to your computer (added a device) that isn't on the restore program. Can you find the Windows install software on your restore CDs?
The should be in a Winxx folder and the files will all end in .cab
If so you may want to do a more traditional format and install.

Old 03-28-02, 03:06 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Yep

Yea can you believe that? Problem was not having enough computer to run it on and also not having a good understanding of how it worked. Did some research for a few days and gave it a shot on this little 350. Now that I understand it more I am going to install it on my real computer probably next weekend. Waiting for a video card and new mother board. Epox board and a 32 Meg PCI card for the second monitor…

Old 03-30-02, 06:11 AM
Thanks for your help. I downloaded an up date from Microsoft and that fixed the problem.

Search this Thread