Dual monitors

Old 04-20-02, 10:20 PM
wimpydw
Visiting Guest
Question Dual monitors

Does anyone know where I can get information on how to set up two monitors side by side to act as one?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-02, 10:40 PM
Right click a blank area of the desktop then press F1. Lauches Windows help. For Win98 enter: "multiple display support".

Old 04-21-02, 10:21 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Monitor's

If I were you I would spend the extra money and get one of the ATI “All in Wonder” cards that have dual outputs for two monitor on one card for extended desktop setup. I currently run twin 17’s with a second PCI video card, primary is an ATI Radeon 7000 AGP, and an ATI S3 Virge. The Virge PCI card (or any second video card) use’s a lot of resource. It’s not hard to do, the only catch is the cards must be PCI/AGP, ISA cards wont work when trying to do this. Once the second card is up and running make sure in “Properties” “Settings” that the monitors are setup for your particular monitor and your refresh rates etc are where you want. Most new monitors today will easily run 800x600 at 16 bit color @ 75 Hz refresh. The human eye really doesn’t see much above 16 million colors, however 24 bit color does make the picture a little warmer. But most games and programming only look for 16 bit color. Some of the better games will look for 24 bit + color res.

Search this Thread