Monitor

Old 04-21-02, 12:09 PM
Monitor

Hello, I was surfing and installing a few tweaks on my xp home edition, and i happened to notice that by Brand New Monitor (well, 2months old) is evenly shrunk on the right side about a quarter of an inch and i did not notice this before today! Now i had this happen on my old 98SE pc and if i remember I was able to adjust the size of the monitor screen in the Display section, but i forget how to do it! I am using xp home edition now! Can anyone tell me how to adjust screen size of the monitor? Thank you Tom

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-02, 06:58 PM
This should be an adjustment on the monitor itself. You can adjust almost anything from contrast to pincushion. As for adjusting the video card that can only be done if the manufacturer wrote that into the XP driver, which is just as likely they didn't as they did.

Your best bet is the manual for the monitor.

Old 04-21-02, 07:17 PM
mrhoadar : Thank You very much, you were right on, i had trouble understanding the manual,but after experimenting with the front of the Monitor, i finally got it back to normal, Thanks again, Tom

Old 04-24-02, 10:12 PM
ntensity
Visiting Guest
Cool

Some high end video cards offer adjustments that can be made from the desktop concerning size, location, rotation etc.

Old 04-25-02, 03:22 AM
ntensity Thank You, for the info, that is good to know and i will keep it in mind! Iam not too famiiar with alot of pc stuff, but every little bit of info helps to learn. Tom