possible virus

Old 04-21-02, 06:17 PM
Question possible virus

somehow a downloaded movie got into my windows media player
from where i download music from winmx. i noticed this movie and tried to delete it. everytime it gave me that illegal operation and would not let me delete.i could not drag it to the recycle bin or nothing, so the folder where my songs go to. i moved them to a new folder, and then deleted the whole folder with that one video in it. seams to be gone, then it reappeared. got rid of it again.. the thing i see now is all my desktop icons have like a small page like arrow thing in the corner of each icon. on most of them. and it changes, is this something to worry about, i do not understand why all my icons have this thing in the corner of them..
its weired never seen it. now my computor works ok now.. but i am wondering if someone is getting some kind of information off my pc.
thanks

p.s. in the corner of all my desktop icons, it looks like a white page with a black arrow in it. and then it chages to different colors.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-02, 06:52 PM
The usual questions. What OS? What Speed of Machine? What Virus software?

Old 04-21-02, 06:56 PM
windows 98 500mh celron processor no virus protection stupid me.. had a pc for 9 years and never got anything because i thought i was careful.. haha

Old 04-22-02, 06:31 PM
My guess is you have a virus or you blew a hole in the Windows Registry. (Better hope for the former)

At work we use Sophos antivirus. Sort of a newcomer to the US market. They don't sell retail only to large business customers but they do have a 30 day full blown version that is a free down load. www.sophos.com Otherwise, its off to the store for Nortons.