Lotus Dialing On-Line

Old 04-25-02, 01:04 PM
Pat Fox
Visiting Guest
Question Lotus Dialing On-Line

Hi, My problem is, I had to reinstall my Lotus SmartSuite 97 and every time I shut off my computer and restart it, Lotus SmartSuite opens and immediately starts dialing on line. The other night the power went out and when it came back on the computer dialed on line, luckily it shut off after 5 minutes. Can anyone help me to find the setting and change it so this will not continue to happen. Any help you can give me will be appreciated. Pat

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-02, 01:33 PM
BSB
Some where in the smartsuite options you should be able to unclick the "auto dial at startup" option or "do not dial a connection" Will have to load the software to find the location, been a while since last used. If you do not want smartsuite to load at startup you can disable it with msconfig from the run command.

Brian

Old 04-25-02, 03:05 PM
Three things I would try.
1. Unplug the phone line before starting the computer and see if any programs give you error statements.
2. When the dialing first starts do a ctrl-alt-delete to bring up the task window and see what programs are running. Then try and figure out which one is dialing.
3. If you're not using Lotus Notes make sure you that it is not installed as a part of the Suite. If you do use Lotus Notes make sure it is configured correctly.