Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

laser tonic

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-24-00, 12:44 AM   #1  
I have laser printer HP 5L and I should , do it yourself, refil toner in cartridge. I am interesting in - how can I do it. It may be useful if someone can sent me instructions and some drawings abot it.

Yours
Vabarik

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-29-00, 02:58 AM   #2  
The problem with refilling your used print cartridges is that the ink film switch (the little copper colored thingy that some call the print head) dries out in about thirty seconds after the cartridge is empty, thus, rendering the time spent on filling the thing wasted. Besides--cracking the seal, filling the thing up and re-sealing the thing leaves you with a mess plus you get fingerpriints all over everything.

What I would do to save some bucks is look out on the gray market for for counterfiet cartridges--they're everywhere. To do this find a non-brand affiliated printer supply house and email their purchase manager forinfo concerning print cartridges.

Gray-market products are items not quite legal (copyright and dist. infringement usually) but not illegal either. In fact many gray market items are distributed by the mfg.s themselves--Intel, Lotus and MS do it all the time. The trick is to get a hardware or peripheral purchasing manager to help you.

Sorry, I can't help you with a contact. The computer OEM I worked for won't help former employees (even if they are on good footings)

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-29-00, 04:02 AM   #3  
My Dear, Thank you for answer, ( I am novice ) so I am not sure that it is valid also for laser toner. Please confirm your information.
Yours vabarik

Search this Thread