Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Help! "I can't disconnect from being on "Line" I want to shut my computer down.

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

03-03-00, 12:24 PM   #1  
I have been trying to disconnect from the "Internet" all afternoon. I am a beginner at using the "Computer" and only have one telephone "Line" in my home. For some crazy reason when I close from this "Web-Site" the little square frame that usually is displayed is not showing up on the computer screen. Please "E-Mail" as soon as you get my message this afternoon? I'm afraid if there is an emergency because I can't use my phone at this moment.I'm patiently waiting for someone's assistance.
Thank-you!

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

03-03-00, 03:17 PM   #2  
have you tried right clicking on the little computer icon in the system tray (bottom right of screen) and left clicking on disconnect?

if anything you could always just reboot...

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

03-04-00, 04:50 AM   #3  
Probably too late for this, but push your off button and reboot.

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

03-04-00, 02:54 PM   #4  
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chetmichaels:
have you tried right clicking on the little computer icon in the system tray (bottom right of screen) and left clicking on disconnect?

if anything you could always just reboot...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, thank you after a fashion I finally was able to get disconnected.
Thanks amillion!

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

03-04-00, 04:35 PM   #5  
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jack the Contractor:
Probably too late for this, but push your off button and reboot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks a bunch I finally figured out how to dis-connect from the internet after many trials and errors. You're the "Best" along with all the others that try to offer their help. Talk to you soon.

Search this Thread