modems

Old 04-11-00, 06:43 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

I subscribe to NetUSA(AKA Skyenet)as my ISP and have problems obtaining a good connection speed. Usually 26400 or lower. They provide 56K dial up service. I recently notified support and asked what the problem was. They told me I needed to update the driver on my modem. I did and no improvement. I have a HP 6350 Pavilion with a V90 56K modem. Anyone have any info on this type of problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-00, 05:47 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi,

Listen, when I used modems I had V.90 and kept getting 26800 connections..after complaining to my ISP, several times...updating my drivers...even reformatting my computer once...still no improvement...so my ISP finally told me to call the telephone company...well they came out and checked the line...first of all the cable lines were very very old....and needed updating..but the tech said that my area was not due for a facelift for a couple of years. So...I say..what do do about my connection speed..and the tech told me that you really are not guaranteed a high connection. So, the jist of the whole thing..you get what you get, the ISP's have no control over it. It's the phone lines...
I finally converted over to a cable connection...I am happy with it, although they have not really profected it in my area, but the connection speeds are great!!!

------------------
Hope I have helped!
Monica
Augusta, GA