Programs Won't Open

Old 05-28-00, 04:23 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a HP8140. When I try to open a program that is highlited on the menu,the highlite goes out and program does not open.Nothing happens if you double or right click.The menu stays open. Robert

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-00, 04:53 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Are you saying it happens with only one program or with all or with some in a particular area. Helps to be a little more specific????

Old 05-28-00, 06:22 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

I had this problem occur when I had installed Windows NT 4.0 a few years ago. The programs would still run from the start menu - run option. All the icons showed up transparent.

Old 05-28-00, 07:54 PM
Visiting Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robertk:
I have a HP8140. When I try to open a program that is highlited on the menu,the highlite goes out and program does not open.Nothing happens if you double or right click.The menu stays open. Robert<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This occurs on all programs on the menu.. You cannot open any thing from the menu.

Old 05-28-00, 11:37 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

What version Windows? Did it ever work? Why did it quit? How did the problem develop?
Did you just buy the computer? Did you download something and then delete it and then the problem occur? Did you do some set up adjustments before the problem occured?

Does it shutdown and boot-up with no error messages???

What where you doing before it quit???

Did you try reloading Windows??? Did you try the online troubleshooting section?????

Got to basically give us some clues.

[This message has been edited by Rambler (edited May 29, 2000).]