Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Free Long Distance Calling Via Internet

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

06-03-00, 05:24 PM   #1  
Hi, Moemaid:

Something not so new but is new for the computer users: free long distance calling via the Internet. http://www.dialpad.com

If you have a sound board on your computer with a microphone input and speaker output, you can do free long distance phone calls via the Internet.

a. You need to stop by Radio Shack and pick up a headset w/microphone (about $20). You disconnect the speakers and the microphone and reconnect the headset in their place.

b. Sound quality is about like it was with the first cell phones.

c. Cost is zero. You register with the company at the above address and they establish an account for you immediately.

d. Downers: they put up advertising on your screen while you are talking.

e. Can you use a microphone and speakers? No. The speakers talk to the mike and there is a lot of echo on the line.

f. Can you call anywhere in the world? You can call anywhere that has the Internet.

The technology is still pretty iffy but it is real and it is available.

Just something new from your old buddy, Smokey.

Smokey

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

06-05-00, 04:00 PM   #2  
I been using it for a couple months now,works great.I use it for all long distance calls except for family,what i do is borrow head phones from kids and plug in speaker outlet and disconnct speakers,works great for me,but i have the outlet on the cord so easy to do

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

06-08-00, 05:13 PM   #3  
Great info...thanks smokey..and thanks for filling in for me while I have been on the road...just got back and I think I am home for the summer...

Search this Thread