Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

new printer/fax combo

Visiting Guest

04-30-02, 07:01 PM   #1  
amyb
new printer/fax combo

I currently have a HP deskjet 722C and would like to purchase a fax printer combo. We would like to spend between 200-300, any suggestions? I do a lot of printing! TIA

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-01-02, 09:15 AM   #2  
arthropod98
my girlfriend's got the G85 all-in-one, but it definitely wasn't 200-300 . . . actually closer to 500. but, i'd HIGHLY recommend one of HP's all-in-ones.

what about simply installing some fax software on your machine??

Visiting Guest

05-01-02, 08:24 PM   #3  
bigmike
OKI

I'm telling ya, OKI/OKIDATA is the only way to go. Other than that go Sharp. Both are good machines and covered by tech. Samsung, Toshiba next... Or go Pro, Cannon, Mita etc but they are seven or eight hundred dollars.

05-01-02, 09:01 PM   #4  
I've personally just bought a Lexmark X73 multifunction and I'm pretty happy with it. It's doesn provide a fax feature, but you can use the computer's modem to send and receive faxes. If you're looking for quality printing and scanning don't buy a multifunction. You'll be dissapointed, wether you buy a $150 machine like mine or a $600 HP unit. There's nothing like a good laser or inkjet standalone printer, or a nice flatbed scanner. But if you're just looking for a decent printer and scanner, a multifunction will be ok. I would personally go with a nice laser printer and a nice $200 scanner. And a $100 cheap inkjet in case I want to print somethig in color.

Search this Thread