Build a computer

Old 07-15-00, 06:43 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking

Where can i find instructions, parts lists and parts for building my own computer?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-00, 12:13 PM
Visiting Guest
I have built 3 computers myself. Asking someone for a list of parts and instructions is a bit like asking how to build a automobile. My advice is buy a book, take a class, partner up with a PC mentor.

Mark

Old 07-19-00, 12:35 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dsherm112:
Where can i find instructions, parts lists and parts for building my own computer?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*** Case & power supply, keyboard, mouse, motherboard, processor, video, memory, sound, modem, monitor. Look in Best Buy etc for layout of other computers. Stay with name brand components, Asus motherboards or Tyan. Creative sound, ATI, Trident video. 15" to 17" monitor will be your biggest expense. For the beginner make sure anything you buy is plug and play (plug & pray Find a guru to help you. Your first experiance at building your own is going to be interesting. IRQ settings, com ports, refresh rates on montior. Modem settings? Cable modem? DSL? ISDN? it can be a real bummer if you use odd ball components like Made in east egypt. Price what you are going to buy the come home and look it up on the net to see if drivers are readily available. I suggest buying local, You can save money buying off the net but will you have support? Buying local will get you "Friendly" with someone that knows that tab "A" may fit in Slot "b" with the right IRQ setting. Alot to learn! Don't get in a tizzy and screw something up. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Old 08-23-07, 04:10 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Computer instruction videos

Originally Posted by ;23831
Where can i find instructions, parts lists and parts for building my own computer?
I've been building, networking, troubleshooting, A+ certified blah, blah…! Youtube has several instructional videos on what you're looking for! I've looked at them and they're pretty good! They also have instruction on what to look for in a processor, motherboard and all the other components you’ll need! Another site is howstuffworks. Just type in building a computer and you'll have a nicely done instructional video!

Old 08-23-07, 05:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Red face

You are answering a 7 year old post. Surely the OP has moved on in his/her life.

Old 08-23-07, 05:59 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
lol. I wonder sometimes!

Old 08-23-07, 09:06 PM
S
talk about diggin up old posts!!! this post has kids my age by now!!!