Computer locks up and shuts down automatically.

Old 08-21-00, 12:51 PM
Visiting Guest
My friend has a computer that "most times" when she tries to open a "paper clip" it will lock up and automatically shuts down. Why is this happening and how can it be prevented? sparkys

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-00, 08:21 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Not sure what a paper clip is? So more info, Win 98, memory, program this happens in etc. Could be several things, a missing .dll or video driver. Bad memory, Hard drive errors. The list is a mile long so talk to me

Old 08-22-00, 12:54 PM
Visiting Guest
bigmike,So you can be working this anomaly,a paperclip is an email attachment....

Old 08-26-00, 08:21 PM
Visiting Guest
Thanks Mike, I have never heard them called that before. Martha and I go it figured out via email. There were other issues and it wound up being a reinstall. Just too much damage to repair. My father is notorious for deleting stuff he shouldn't. I have had to reinstall Windoze in his system twice this year and long distance repair it numerous times He went through one time and hid or archived everything, re-booted and called me cause it wouldn't boot. Ahhh life of a tech huh? I swear to you a guy called my shop sometime back and asked where the "Anykey" was. I had it on tape but lost it. I nearly died And away we go.....