Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

installing windows

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

09-07-00, 02:24 PM   #1  
formated the hard disk to re-install windows 95. My computer is a laptop and only has one drive (D, CD reader). When I reboot the computer I get the message: invalid system disk, replace the disk and then press anykey.
I get this message even when the Windows 95 CD is in drive D (same CD that came with the
computer when new), and no DOS prompt.
How can I reinstall windows 95?

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

09-07-00, 05:26 PM   #2  
Here goes my usual Q&A... Laptop brand/model Did you use DOS 6.22 or the Win95 boot disk to get to FDISK to format? Did U partition the drive? Did U create a Primary partition? Did U format the new partition before trying to install 95? Are you leaving a floppy in the A: drive other than a bootable disk? How are you set to boot in CMOS? If U have a bootable Win95 should be CDROM/C/A default A/C/CDROM. Sorry but this all counts. Email direct and if U have another internet ready computer we can ICQ/MSN and get it running. This must be my week for new drives/re-installs. 3 in less than 48 hours

Search this Thread