Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

creating a shortcut

Visiting Guest

05-10-02, 07:04 PM   #1  
papa22
creating a shortcut

I'm trying to create a shortcut for Windows Explorer...to place on the desktop, but I can't figure it out.
Can someone tell me how?
Thanks anyone!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-10-02, 09:32 PM   #2  
epi117
right click, select new, select shortcut ... or right click on open web page and make short cut for that page.

Visiting Guest

05-10-02, 10:16 PM   #3  
kaihead
Not sure if you meant Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer. If it's Explorer, go to Start-Programs then find Explorer. If you are running anything before ME or W2K, it should just be listed as another program. Otherwise it will be in the Accessories folder. Right click on the program name, click on Create Shortcut, then just drag the new icon to your desktop. If it's a program you access alot, you can even drag it to the taskbar just to the right of the start button. It becomes a quick launch button so you can access the program without having to minimize all other windows to see the desktop.

Visiting Guest

05-11-02, 05:50 AM   #4  
papa22
I was trying to create a shortcut for "windows explorer" not for "internet explorer"...and I was able to do it with your help. Thanks alot!

Search this Thread